How to Save Money on a Kitchen Renovation
So, you’ve decided it is time to make a difference in your life by giving yourself a custom kitchen or renovation. The kitchen is always a busy and well-loved part of our homes, but with growing costs, it’s crucial to have a budget. Accept some aspects of a kitchen installation should be restrained; choose less expensive materials and even look at only cabinet door replacement as an alternative to totally new cabinets.
There are several ways to save money on a kitchen renovation:
- Cabinet refacing – Refacing or resurfacing cabinets instead of replacing them with new cabinets can save a lot of money.
- Paint your existing cabinets – Look for a company that can professionally spray your dated wood cabinets.
- Do the demo yourself – Time is money, and demos are messy. Embrace one and save the other by doing as much as you can yourself.
- Keep your current layout – If your kitchen footprint remains the same and appliances stay in their locations, it will help you avoid costly electrical work.
- Don’t move the sink location – If you don’t need to contact a plumber, you will save money.
- Inexpensive cabinet materials – Laminate, vinyl, or Thermo foil instead of solid wood for cabinet doors and drawer fronts will save money.
- Keep the current countertops or choose less expensive material – If the countertops are still in good condition, you can save thousands of dollars by choosing an inexpensive butcher block, quartz, or keeping the existing countertop.
- Use simple and classic designs – Elaborate and trendy designs can be more expensive and need to be replaced sooner.
- Choose laminate flooring or refinish your existing- Tile and solid wood flooring is the more expensive choice.
- Re-use existing light fixtures and appliances or shop used – Lighting fixtures and appliances are expensive. Pick and choose which ones will be the focus of your kitchen renovation.
Call Kitchen Saver at (519) 473 8888 in London or (519) 337 1156 in Sarnia, or toll-free at 1 888 447 8888 or request a no-charge in-house visit online.
We professionally reface, resurface, retrofit, design, and install cabinets in any room of your home. We even help you DIY your own kitchen remodel.
1. Cabinet refacing – As long as your cabinet boxes are in good shape, refacing or resurfacing your cabinets makes your kitchen look completely different while saving money. Refacing has pluses as far as timelines, too; most refacing jobs take less than two weeks to complete. This choice can reduce your kitchen renovation by 50%.
2 . Paint your cabinets – Professional cabinet spraying services give your dated kitchen new life at the money-saving costs of brand-new cabinets.3. Do the demo yourself – If you choose to go the route of a completely new kitchen, do the demo yourself. You’ve watched enough renovation shows to know a crowbar and reciprocal saw are all you need to tear things off a wall.
4. Keep your current layout – Changing your kitchen footprint may require moving windows, walls or doors, plumbing and electrical. Those costs can make a big difference in your budget.
5. Don’t move the sink location – Avoid moving the sink location, and you won’t need to bring in a plumber.
6. Inexpensive cabinet materials – Choose wisely when it comes to redoing your cabinets; laminate, vinyl, or Thermo foil instead of solid wood for cabinet doors, and drawer fronts will save money.
7. Keep the current countertops or choose less expensive material – Choose a less expensive butcher block. It can warm the look of your kitchen and provide a visual texture. Choose stainless steel, quartz, a DIY concrete top or keep the existing countertop.
8. Use simple and classic designs – If you can recreate a kitchen you see in a magazine or online without using a designer, you’ll save some money. Source your own materials and hire your own contractors. Be aware that you must use reputable and professional companies.
9. Choose laminate flooring or refinish your existing – It may be well worth it to refinish your existing wood floors. Alternatively, laminate floors resemble real plank wood flooring and can withstand all dog nails.
10. Re-use existing light fixtures and appliances or shop used – Decide which fixtures are the centre of attention and decide to use inexpensive lighting elsewhere. Go to online e-commerce shopping and buying sites and look for gently used lighting, cabinet hardware, appliances, or decor.
London’s Kitchen Saver is a company that specializes in kitchen cabinet refacing, and they can help you save money on your kitchen renovation.
They offer a variety of cabinet refacing options, and a wide selection of colours and styles to choose from, so you can find the perfect look for your kitchen.
Additionally, their experienced design team can help you make decisions that will save you money while still achieving the look you want.
Categorised in: Uncategorized